Duckburg's 12 landmarks

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 01:17:35 CEST 2002

Hi all

IMO, it will be much easier if we end up on how many
*entries* we have to fill.

Don, which landmarks you will definitely draw?
I think it is:
1. Money Bin
2. Cornelius Coot's Statue
3. JW World HQ
4. Fort Duckburg
5. Duckburg's Museum
6. Gyro's Workshop
7. The Millionaire's Club

So, we have 7 landmarks already determined. There are
5 entries left.

My votes goes to:
1. Pizarro's Galleon
2. Notre Duck
3. Scrooge's Zoo
4. Underground Duckburg
5. Old Demontooth

I reject Shacktown because it can't be a landmark.
First of all it's a whole place, maybe a Duckburg's
suburb. And only poor families lives there. Why
someone will want to see that area as a landmark?

Is that 7 Route Interchange from the "Flip Decision"
story with the coin? I don't think that this could be
a landmark. There are such roads everywhere in the
world (well, not like that one, but similar).

Which stories are related with the racetrack and the
sports arena? Still, I don't think these two are
landmarks...

I don't remember that Margarine factory. Is it
published on Komix, Kriton?

I choose the Scrooge's Zoo because I think it is
somewhere in Duckburg, maybe in the suburbs. Do we
know that isn't there? I never read that it is far
from Duckburg.

Both Galleon and Notre Duck are very famous, specially
to the Barksian readers. And there are landmarks also.

The Underground Duckburg is the newest landmark. A
whole city under the city (that's something that turns
really out to be true in Athens, because the latest
excavations for the new Metro subway system bring to
life thousands of ancient things) is very interesting!

Don, is it necessary to draw only 12 landmarks? Can't
you draw more, let's say 16?
Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece