Any thoughts on this MM drawing?

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed May 1 10:47:15 CEST 2002

	Hey Hans:

>Hi experts -
>
>Any thoughts on this drawing:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=863805912&r=0&t=0&showTu
torial=0&ed=1020656252&indexURL=0&rd=1

>Looks to me like it was definitely not drawn by Walt, but it could have
been
>Iwerks?

	I believe this to be the work of one man: Win Smith. I compare it to
the drawings Smith penciled and inked for the MM daily strip right after Ub
Iwerks' departure - the style, line tone, style of Mickey (fat nose in
particular) and lettering all match up.
	I suspect it was most likely drawn in late 1929 or early 1930.
	Iwerks was a better draftsman than Smith; gave Mickey a longer nose
and more dynamic poses. I don't think it could be his work.

	Yours hopefully,
	David