Collector WeaselsCollector Weasels

Jussi Mantere jmantere at niksula.hut.fi
Wed May 8 14:28:18 CEST 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Kriton Kyrimis wrote:

> Am I the only one who would simply like to shake hands and have a brief
> chat with Don, and not ask for autographs or drawings?

I don't think you are - I guess a chat about Disney comics and life in
general would be a lot more fun than having Don's name scribbled all over
my magazines :)
Actually this brought a question in my mind: Don, does it ever bother you
(or even puzzle you) to be considered such a "star" and a celebrity at
least here in Finland? Wouldn't you rather be just a normal Mr.
Comic-artist who likes to draw ducks?-)

> I'm showing off my ignorance here, but why would a dedication by Don
> decrease, rather than increase a comic book's value?

It makes them illegal trade. Clearly having the autograph of someone else
except Walt Disney on a Disney comic is a violation of something. Doesn't
Walt draw them all himself?-)

 -jussi
--
. jussi mantere