Re 920 - Harry, Kriton - Jussi and Sigvald

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Thu May 9 23:34:22 CEST 2002

Hi all

ME
> > I believe I told here about the Danish Donaldist Society?
> > We're above 20 members now and we would like more
(That's more than 30 now)

HARRY
> Do you have any relation with the people of Carl Barks & Co (Benni
Boedker
> and/or Freddy Milton)? If not, isn't it better to join forces?
I mailed all people on my contact list who would be potential members,
including
my favorite danish cartoonist Freddy Milton - but he's a very busy man,
perhaps
to busy to join another fanzine/club. I don't know Benni Boedker, much
less how to
get in contact with him - I will try when I get more time (exams are
nearing).
Carl Barks & Co. is very seldomly published now - we do recognize their
existance,
as we do with the 3 other paper-fanzines and the online seriejournalen
(danish comic journal).
Overmore Carl Barks & Co. also contains much other things, about comics
and cartoons -
our fanzine might not do that as much. -
Over overmore ( :-) ) one of the people behind CB&/Co. now is Paw
Mathiasen, who is also
editor of Strip! a big danish fanzine ... - I mean to say this maybe
took over partly the "function" of CB& Co. - but I hope there is room
on the market for 5 fanzines - and we'll do what we can to cooperate.
Personally I would be very willing to contribute to them all. (Did to
two of them so far)

KRITON
> > I'm showing off my ignorance here, but why would a dedication by
Don
> > decrease, rather than increase a comic book's value?
JUSSI
> It makes them illegal trade. Clearly having the autograph of someone
else
> except Walt Disney on a Disney comic is a violation of something.
Doesn't
> Walt draw them all himself?-)

The reason that the first writer wanted to have them written on was to
protest on something
that Comic Price Guide says - that the comic looses worth when the
artist has written on front.
I for one don't think so and I don't care - I wont ever sell my 3
autographed comics. Two of them
did loose worth btw. - I decided to frame two of them with a photo and
a copy of a drawing that i won in
a duckhunt contest (the red autograph is real though) - the comics
where to thick so I --- awk! took
out the content and saved it another place. But I didn't plan to sell
them anyway!
The 3rd one is in it's bag, nicely autographed by Don - in places where
it really *fits* on the cover. - Thanks to Gary and Duco for passing it
on to me (erm - is that the right word? Gary had it autographed,
for me, and then he send it to Duco who gave it to me)

SIGVALD (who rightly should have joined long time ago - welcome very
much here, my friend :-))

> When looking at the homepage for Danish Anders And &
> Co I discovered that the cover for AA&Co #19/2002
> seems to be flipped compared to its counterparts in
> Norway, Sweden and Finland.
It is - and as I told you in private mail (send after this list was
send out) I don't know why.
There's no reason as far as I can see - the text about the story and
this weeks (ridicoulous :-)) gift
could have been on either side, it didn't have to be mirrored. - the
mirroring even made the dedication be cut of halfly

> While Scrooge is to the left and Donald is to the
> right in Norway/Sweden/Finland
> http://www.disney.no/DonaldDuck/index2.html
>
> The situation is the opposite in Denmark:
> http://www.disney.dk/andersand/index2.html
>
> Do anyone know why this has happened?
Hmm - maybe it's the same as in 1991 when the Xanadu-cover was mirrored
- they want the main-charecter to be to the left (as in the direction
we read, to quote Don about that mirroring).
But if it is so: why didn't they tell Don that - why do they mirror a
drawing with a dedication so that it halfly disappears... - oh well, I
bet it isn't done on purpous (argh... I lost my dictionary) - maybe it
just slipped. - anyway the ones who designs the covers aren't used to
dedication on the covers...

> And what version is correct?
The norwegian and other ones of course.