Collector WeaselsCollector Weasels

M. Mitchell Marmel marmelmm at drexel.edu
Fri May 10 12:10:43 CEST 2002

At 12:17 PM +0300 5/8/02, Kriton Kyrimis wrote:

>Am I the only one who would simply like to shake hands and have a brief
>chat with Don, and not ask for autographs or drawings?

It's metaphorical, mostly.  :D  I'd be happy just to chat, myself.

> > And I want you to inscribe in HUGE LETTERS ON THE FRONT OF EACH AND
>> EVERY ONE OF THEM BAD BOYS, "TO MITCH, DON ROSA."
>
>I'm showing off my ignorance here, but why would a dedication by Don
>decrease, rather than increase a comic book's value?

There's an old joke about the first day of school.  The teacher says, "OK, kids, write your name on the front of your notebook."  The collector weasel says "What? And ruin the resale value?"

The collector weasels only like discreet autographs on the inside cover.  And it makes it tough to sell an Uncle $scrooge book to a speculator named, say, John if it says "To Mitch" on the cover.

A true comic lover won't mind, of course.  I just want to confound the mercenary  a-holes.

-MMM-