Another OT about Holland

George Agridiotis agridiotis at cytanet.com.cy
Wed May 15 21:26:21 CEST 2002

Sigvald wrote:

> Well your country also has two names (at least in
> Norwegian) "Grekenland" (the same as Greece)and
> "Hellas".
>
> Can you tell us more about the difference between
> these terms?

I don't think that is actually difference in the terms like Holland and
Netherlands. In Greek is pronounced "Ellada" apprevation we call it
sometimes "Ellas" so "Hellas" in other languages. Hellas is more closely
maybe with "Ellada" than the Greece. I don't know if it is actually
historical difference. Maybe Apostolis or other Greek person now more.

Best Wishes!

George Agridiotis, Nicosia, Cyprus
E-mail: agridiotis at cytanet.com.cy
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/komixwebsite