Another OT about... Greece this time

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 22:09:22 CEST 2002

Hi all

and George wrote:

> Hellas is more closely maybe with "Ellada" than the
> Greece. I don't know if it is actually historical
> difference.

I think you're right, George. As I know, there is no
difference between "Greece" and "Ellada" / "Ellas".
"Greece" is just the English word, which in my opinion
is strange or even wrong. Why they don't call it
"Hellas" or "Hellada" or "Ellada"?
You will notice that many many times the word "Greek"
is being replaced by "Hellenic", which is more
correct.
Anyway, the right/original word for my country is
"Hellada" :-)
Best Wishes from Athens, Hellada (29*C/79*F, wow! The
summer just started!)

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece
E-mail: komixgreekpage at yahoo.com