JW logo - and the real world

Simo Malinen malines24 at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 17:11:41 CEST 2002

Take a look at these:

http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/122jw.htm

The first scan is from a Barks' JW story "Whaling whalers"
(redrawn by Daan Jippes)

The second scan is from the titlepage of a book published
by "John Wiley & Sons, Inc."...

Barks himself used "WJW"-logo instead of "JW"-logo - but the
logo of John Wiley & Sons' is still quite surprising, and it could
be even older than JW's whole organization (in our real world).
I think I saw a much much older book from with this same logo
some-five years ago.

Was Carl Barks wear of John Wiley & Sons' logo when he created
Junior Woodchuck's and their logo?  John Wiley & Sons' is a company
printing atleast text books for educational purposes.

Would John Wiley & Sons be pleased about finding their business
logo from the cover of Junior Woodchuck's all knowing guide book?

- Simo