Introduction of myself and some other things

Alle ale.cella at tin.it
Thu May 30 19:42:54 CEST 2002

Ciao to all; first I have to introduce myself. My name is Alessandro, I live
in Roma and I'm another of those mad Italian Disney fans. I joined this list
some months ago (I don't remember exactly when, but it was in 2001) and I
want to say thanks to all of you for all news, episodes and facts I learned
reading your threads. I hope this one will be the first of a long series of
messages by myself, ending this period of lurking (but I like much more to
say observing). And I hope you'll forgive me for my English!
First of all a question: I followed the thread about Dutch, Netherlands and
so on (here in Italy the official name of the country is Paesi Bassi, but in
daily talking we always use Olanda); then today I was reading an old
Gladstone album (n. 26 of Gladstone Comic Album Series) with "Mickey and
Donald in The Case of the Vanishing Coats" by Gottfredson. In a panel Donald
says "Oh-boy-oh-boy! Am I in dutch with uncle Amos?". This sentence really
puzzled me; what does it means?
This first question takes me to a second one: this list is almost totally
Duck-oriented, and also comic book-oriented, because I noticed some artists
like Gottfredson and Taliaferro are rarely remembered. Being now easy to
understand for you that I like really much these two artists, I wish to have
your opinion about them.
And to end this message: five years ago at Expocartoon Don Rosa signed me
the first chapter of Lo$ (Gladstone's Uncle $crooge Adventures) and the Zio
Paperone Duck Family Tree poster with a personal dedication for me ("To
Alessandro"); I didn't suppose, and still I don't suppose that now that
album and that poster loosed their commercial value, or that in a future
I'll can sell it only to Italian Alessandros; in my heart they are the most
important pieces of my Disney collection and I'll never sell them, like I
don't want to sell any other piece of my collection (and this is for me a
chance to say again "Grazie" to Don).
Have a nice day - Alessandro (Alle for web friends ;-)

P.S.: my greatest congratulations to Didier Ghez for having printed his book
about Disneyland Paris!