ON-topic about annoying mails

H.W.Fluks@kpn.com H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Tue Nov 12 19:14:32 CET 2002

Sigvald:

me> This confirms my idea that you always want to write negative
me> things.

> Well, that's *not* true.

Okay. Not *always*. As your mail shows, there *can* be interesting
discussions emerging from your mails.
Sometimes. 8-)

> > Yes. But Von Drake is not married. So it is not a *fact*.
>
> In the Rosa universe he IS married...

Only in his mind. Not in any of his stories!

> And it is even logic. Even the
> referred sites states that Ludwig is Donald's uncle.

I didn't realise that LVD was called "uncle" in the beginning. So it *is*
indeed possible that:
> d) Ludwig could be married to a sister of Donald's mother

> You may argue that Ludwig never apears together with
> Matilda.

Right. And he never appears to be married either! 8-)

me> So you can't blame a website maker for not mentioning it.

> I didn't mean to *blame* anyone. Just making a little point
> out of that thread.

I was triggered by the word "annoying". To me that's a strong word, even
with "a bit" in front of it.
Never mind.

me> I don't need to write a message when I have
me> nothing new to add.

> Noting new to add?
> Hmmm actually the topic started with a question if
> Duckburg has 10.000 or more than 100.000 inhabitants.
> As long as you haven't commented that no one can
> possibly know what number you prefer.

OK, here's my "very interesting" contribution to that thread:
"I never thought about it before. I think what Rob wrote makes a lot of
sense. In any case, Duckburg definitely has more than 100,000 inhabitants.
Duckburg *must* be larger than Zoetermeer or Almere."

--Harry.