Proto-Mickey

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Sat Nov 16 00:23:30 CET 2002

You can find an article in English at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/arts/2481749.stm

It reminds me of a book entitled (I think) The Art of Mickey Mouse, a
collection of portraits of the mouse as they would be rendered by famous
artists.
I know a market for duck pictures like this would be small, but does anyone
know if the ducks appear in much "mainstream" art? I know I have seen a
Donald painting by a northern European artist on a CD cover. I know, that's
REALLY vague, but I can't remember the artist or the country. Sweden, maybe?
Could be, as I think the recording label was Bis, which I believe is a
Swedish company.

Sorry--my memory is not what it was these days.  But perhaps this artist is
well-known in Europe & maybe this type of artwork is more common there, too.

p.s. off-topic--you want a truly hilarious & surreal hillbilly show? Green
Acres. More laughs per acre, guaranteed. Isn't that right, Mr. Haney?