of grandmas and grandpas...

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 21:39:35 CET 2002

Hi!!!
about the "other grandma" from W FGW 45-01, I already asked on this list if
she should be considered as another grandma of Donald or the nephews
(Hortense, for instance), but I have been answered that she is the grandma we
know with a different design because she wasn't a regular character, yet...
Then, for people who still think that she is hortense and who are only
interrested in Barks/Rosa universe, it can't be her, as in "the sharpie of
culebra cut", the nephew seem not to know her (Donald explains them who she
is...).

about the grandpa Duck Rob mentionned , I had already noticed his existence,
as I have the story where he is mentionned, but when I asked Sigvald why he
doesn't mention this fact, he answered it was because, in his version, it's
about *grandma's* horse, not grandpa's, so I thought it was just in the
french version that it had been translated grandpa...

about Grandma being Donald's mother, and huey, dewey and louie's grandma, I
don't think so, as i prefer Barks' version of the Family tree... And about
her interrests in men, she has already been shown with a grandpa Duck in a
story of Strobl, and in her younger days with Don Rosa's Humperdink Duck, and
she also sometimes seems to "date" with Scrooge...

Then, in a lot of versions, and even in the TV show "this is your life,
Donald Duck" (a show who seems to have inspired Tony Strobl; he seems to have
liked draw comics version of the show, as he also did with "the goofy
adventure story". Do you see other shows that have inspired Strobl?), Grandma
Duck is said to have raised him at the farm.

Gilles
PS: I just received "the Little Big Book of Disney" at my international
library!!! and I'll receive "Sognando la Calidornia", about Scarpa, probably
next week :-)