About Donna Duck

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed Oct 16 13:40:31 CEST 2002

Hi all!

Very recently DCML has witnessed a discussion about whether Daisy Duck and Donna Duck (a character which appeared around 1937) are the same character. I guess that Daisy was developed from Donna, but I still like to see them as two different characters. A possible explanation (which Don Rosa once said “…sounds fine”) is that Donna Duck actually is the sister of Daisy and the mother of April, May and June.

In Don Rosa’s view Daisy and her sister also have a brother who is Della Duck’s husband and the father of HD&L.

Personally I also find it plausible that General Stonewall Duck who according to Barks “saved Duckburg” in 1860 is the great grandfather of Daisy and her siblings (I suppose he would have been placed on “Don Rosa’s Duck Family Tree” if he had been the father of Grandma Duck’s husband Humperdink Duck).

Best regards from
Sigvald :-)