DCML Messages in attachments

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Oct 17 04:31:09 CEST 2002

Greetings fellow members. I am now back home, after working several months in
Germany. During my time there, I noticed that the form of my receiving DCML
digested messages changed to an envelope note with no message, which contained
the messages in the form of attachments. I was not able to open those
attachments while away from my own desktop computer (I have no notebook
computer).  I was not sure whether or not this same state of affairs would
exist when on my home computer.  To my dismay, it does.  I speculate that my
built in security system is preventing their opening.  But, I am not sure of
that. I am very shaky, when it comes to computer and internet-related topics
and knowledge. I wrote a note to Per to find out what computer downloading
tools or configurations are needed to open the attachments.  He has not yet
answered me.  I have observed that many of you are very knowledgeable about
computers and the internet.  I can tell you that I have "Acrobat Reader", in
addition to the "normal" screening, reading and downloading tools built in to
any desktop computer from the "major" PC makers (in 1997 - when mine was
built).  Currently, I must go to the DCML Archives to read new messages.  This
is inconvenient,-compared to having the messages sitting right there in my e-
mail every morning.  Is there anyone who can tell me the secret to opening the
attachments?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Rob Klein