Journal de Mickey, SPG (French back issues)

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sun Oct 20 18:09:28 CEST 2002

Greetings DCMLers; especially our French members. I am Rob Klein, former
storywriter and storyboard artist for Danish and Dutch Disney comics. (I still
submit a story to Dutch Disney every once in a while).  For years, I have been
trying to obtain copies of French comic book back issues containing my stories
and covers.  So far, I have been unsuccessful. I cannot come to France for a
long enough period to find them. Although I visit Brussel almost every year,
I've never found more then a few Super Mickey Geant!- and NEVER one that I need.
I've had a few DCML member friends looking for me, but they are very busy with
many other things, and individual old issues are difficult to find. It would be
better, if I have MANY MORE people looking for me.  Now that I see we have many
more French members than in the early years, I hope we now have some members
that look regularly through many old comics in shops and fairs.

Any of you who regularly look through old comics and could, over time, find me
specific issues, could trade them to me for original drawings I would draw for
you, AND/OR (1)US Gladstone comics (I have many duplicates-especially from 1st
series); or for ALMOST ANY old or new (2)Dutch or (3)German comics (I work and
spend time in all 3 of those countries).  If you are interested, send a note to
<bi442 at lafn.org>, and I will provide you with a list of what I want. They begin
in 1990, and run almost up to present. Most of them were issued 1990-1998.
Also, if any of you believe I can receive them directly from the publisher,
please let me know whom I should contact; and, if possible, provide an e-mail
or post contact there.  Thank you, Rob
Klein