Dutch Donald Duck weekly exists 50 years

H.W.Fluks@kpn.com H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Oct 21 18:09:23 CEST 2002

This week, the Dutch "Donald Duck" weekly exists exactly 50 years. This is
celebrated with a 50-page issue, with a nice "special" opening story
(Geradts/Gulien).

Also included is a "blunder booklet", where Thom Roep mentions some errors
from the past 50 years. For instance about colouring mistakes, and the
fourth nephew (famous on DCML; now officially called "Kwok" in Dutch).
Some of the topics in this booklet were directly taken (with permission)
from my website http://dd50.inducks.org (see
http://inducks.org/dd50/xindexeng.html for English text).

Related to this, I was interviewed last week by the "Nederlands Dagblad".
This is a Christian daily.
The result is a full-page article where I say various things about the moral
and ethical values of the DD stories...

Anyway (though some people doubt that it will happen): on our way to 100
years of Dutch DD!

--Harry.