Second book

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Mon Oct 21 21:58:25 CEST 2002

Hi all

When i got to my room on campus yesterday i had a nice surprise - my
subscribers edition of the 2nd yearbook from 1955 was in the mail.
It contains the second third of disney-magazines from 1955 - and moreover:
My preface.
I told about the first book in august when it came out, and I'm still very
proud to have had the opportunity to
write these. The 3rd one is finished too - will be in the 3rd book to be
published in december AFAIK.
Do let me underline, that i'm writing this mail fro info, not to make it
sell more, as I have received a one-time payment.
I'm much more happy about the publicity it brings to our danish donalsit
society though :-)

I remember when i turned in the prefaces for this book - My editor gave me
blush in praising me -
in danish he wrote ros, ros, ros (someone with a dictionary please
translate that accurately)
he thought this one better than the first, and I must agree on some
points.

Firstly there's a picture of me, with a text under it, a kind of cv. My
very good Jakob Bomholt took the picture - but because of
forgetfullness and then technical problems that wont say before book3.
Jakob is getting the books anyway, be sure of that.

Lets make it easy for me now: index for issue 1 is here:
http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/issue.php/0/dk/DKA1955-1

no. 2 is here.
http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/issue.php/0/dk/DKA1955-2

You can see what the prefaces in issue 1 is about - here are short
summaries of issue 2's prefaces. (For you and Inducks)

Laksen og lykkedyret: (salmon and mascot)
About The salmon derby and cheltenham's choice. About Barks' ability to
keep the Gladstone-stories interesting.
I asume Barks or the family must have had pets or wanted to have, as
Cheltenhams choice is about pets, and barks used personal experience.
maybe cheltenham is a little regard to Jack Hannah. Cheltenham was printed
as a textstory in a cereal-prduct in DK in the 60'es.

Skolen og nattevagten (The school and the nightwatch)
Here I'm wondering about the kids aversion about schools. They are JW's
and maybe learning by doing instead (John Dewey).
The nightwatch story was "censored" in it's first print - as they had to
change winter to summer. I understand that, but compalin about the
beak-shortening retouching Gutenberghus did in the end of the 60'es and
early 70'es. They shortende the Rostrilongitude-quotient, a term n´known
from Jon Gisles Donaldism-book. (if this text need shortening fdor Inducks
- please tell)

Murry og genbrug (Murry and reusing
About the two different drawing styles that i see in Murry's stories. -
Murry was for the moiuse what barks was for the duck.
Murry redid many stories, to make them in shape for the new format and the
new times. Gutenberghus had that done to
stories by other writers too. eg. VP 5-01 by Phil De Lara which was redone
in the 80'es for egmont by Branca - as D 3651

(That is says Murry and Vicar in the text in the book is fully my fault...
knocking myself in the head - remember to do your research you goof!!!)

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist