Jippes in Finland

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at iki.fi
Fri Oct 25 22:20:29 CEST 2002

As mentioned earlier on the list, Daan Jippes visited Helsinki Book Fair
today. And makes a couple of more appearances tomorrow.

Based on the previous Rosa's visits, I expected the signing events to be
crowded (of course not as crowded as Rosa's but a bit crowded anyway).
Because of that, I was very surprised to see how few people there were.
On the beginning of the first signing event there were four of us signature
hunters. Nice part of it was that Jippes had time to do a drawing for almost
everybody. The funniest drawing in the first event went to a woman
who got the signature and the drawing for his son. Son's name was Elvis
so Jippes drew Donald with you-know-what-hair. :-)

The second event was more crowded, but there was still time for
drawings. I guess Disney comics artists have to make a Kalevala
story to be popular in Finland. (Oh wait, "Seven Brothers" story
might also work.)
--
Ari Seppi (ari.seppi at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/