DCML digest, Vol 1 #1112 - 10 msgs

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Sun Oct 27 20:20:43 CET 2002

> I am about to be really fed up of the virus shit!!!
>
> sigvald at duckburg.dk
>

>Hi all!
>
>Almost everytime I open my mailbox there is 2-3 viruses with D.U.C.K.hunter-names conected to them. So I am now about to be really fed up of this virus shit!!! If this is not stopped soon I'll consider leaving this group!!!

I'm just glad you are not experiencing what I was getting back when I
used my "xephyr at jps.net" address.  My mailbox was constantly filling up
with more than 90 virus-infected e-mails each day, and as soon as I
would delete the e-mails it would start them coming again, each time
using up my allotted server-space.  At first I hoped that by NOT
receiving and deleting the e-mails, those that exceeded my space would
bounce back to the offending harddrive and the person would get a clue
that their harddrive was infected, but after several weeks I finally
just closed out that e-mail address and moved on to a new one.  It was a
hopeless battle to which I finally had to surrender.

-Rich Bellacera

> Des personnages "historiques"
>
> goofy313g at aol.com
>

>If someone needs scans, Rich for instance, i'll be happy to make you some...

Thanks for the offer Gilles, but the list you posted sounds exactly like
the images listed in two hardbound editions I have called "BEST COMICS:
Mickey Mouse" & "BEST COMICS: Donald Duck."  The section where they are
featured is called "Mickey's Guide to Familiar Walt Disney Comic
Characters."  Some are in Black&White and others in color.  Oddly, it
was these characters which first inspired me to tackle a guide to Disney
Characters, and when the Mailing List's pre-incarnation (back in 1992)
came along, the fuse was lit because all these wonderful people seemed
to love Disney comics too! :-)  I also have the hardbound edition of
"BEST COMICS: Animated Deatures and Silly Symphonies," but that section,
and the following one called "Graphic Development: 1930 - 1970" which
shows the way Mickey and others' appearances changed over the years, and
the introduction by Floyd Gottfredson, as well as the list of character
names translated into different languages is not included.

I'm sure to be hitting some folks up for scans in the near future though.

Thanks,
-Rich Bellacera