Of Ducks & Mice

David Gerstein ramapith at mail.dk
Tue Oct 29 22:31:50 CET 2002

    Hey Rich‹

>Not to contradict "The Maestro" :-) (David Gerstein)

    Yoicks! First of all, I'm no Maestro, and I apologize if I sounded
snooty. That ain't all I've got to apologize for, either...

>> Actually, it happened *faster* than you suggest:
>
>I agree with the timing.  As I said, "as the story progressed..."

    Aargh! So you *were* actually talking about that one 1932 story all
along! And I misunderstood you... (I took "as the story progressed" to mean
"as Disney comics history progressed").
    Sorry about the flub.

>So the name is "Felicity Fieldmouse" then, eh?  Thanks. ;-) Has a "Mr.
>Fieldmouse" ever appeared or any mention of his whereabouts?

    The Egmont writer's guide on the Fieldmouse family, created by Lars
Bergström and Paul Halas, calls Felicity's husband Frank Fieldmouse. The
character hasn't been in a story yet, though, or even mentioned in one, so I
wouldn't call it canon.

>Fortunately, I have many of those Melody stories, even though she is sadly
>a very disliked character among the DCMLers.  I just think she's very
>misunderstood ;-).

    Hey, I like Melody as a character, and the annoying way she bedevils
Morty and Ferdie‹ I just don't personally like the art of most stories she's
in. BTW, do you have any Melody stories in English?

>Did Egmont make this change to model Dave Smith's "Archive" or was it decided
>independently?

    Independently.

    Till soon, David