Background duck characters

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Sun Sep 1 10:03:25 CEST 2002

    I just finished re-reading Don Rosa's "Buckaroo of the Badlands"
(USL&T, part 3), and I wondered who the bearded duck cowboy
was, page 4, panels 5, 6, and 7, and page 5, panel 5.  He seems to
just be one of McKenzie's hired hands, who happens to be a duck,
and has no connection to Scrooge's life, or other stories.  His only
speaking part is on page 5, panel 5.  So I think he's just a one-time
background character, without a name.  But then I thought, why is
it so rare to see a duck as a background character in duck stories?
Why are ducks such a small minority in Duckburg?  Has a duck
ever been mayor of Duckburg (since the founder, Cornelius Coot)?
                                    Best wishes,     -------Larry Giver.