Stupid list from Forbes

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Sep 23 14:59:37 CEST 2002

Hi all!

Have you seen this?
http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/13/400fictional.html

Today Norwegian Text-TV reffered to this list from a so-called serious American economic magazine called Forbes have somehow managed to put together this stupid list over the world's 15 richest fictional billionaires - which should make us all laugh:

Rank  Name               Net Worth
1.  Santa Claus              $ ‡
2.  Richie Rich              24.7 billion
3.  Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks  10.0 billion
4.  Scrooge McDuck            8.2 billion
5.  Thurston Howell III       8.0 billion
6.  Willie Wonka              8.0 billion
7.  Bruce Wayne               6.3 billion
8.  Lex Luthor                4.7 billion
9.  J.R. Ewing                2.8 billion
10.  Auric Goldfinger         1.2 billion
11.  C. Montgomery Burns      1.0 billion
12.  Charles Foster Kane      1.0 billion
13.  Cruella De Vil           875 millon
14.  Gordon Gekko             650 millon
15.  Jay Gatsby               600 millon

First - when did Santa Claus get particularly rich? I have never learened that from Norwegiuan traditions nor from my Disney comics. So including good old santa on this list is no less than bu..-sh...

Secondly - who the he.. is the two nobodys called "Richie Rich" and "Oliver 'Daddy' Warbucks". Are they some obscure modern US-characters created for today's kids?

Thirdly - how the he.. can they estimate Uncle $crooges fortune to ONLY $8.2 billion. That's completely ridiculus.

Fourthly - where the he.. is Flintheart Glomgold and Rockerduck?

My conlusion: the Forbes list of fiction billionaires is completely non-scientific and totally worthless.

I'll say
#1 - Scrooge McDuck
#2 - Flintheart Glomgold
#? - John D. Rockerduck

And please forgive me for being a bit upset over this matter, but I hate it when stupid people neglects facts about our dear Ducks.

Sigvald :-)