richie rich

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Wed Sep 25 17:37:19 CEST 2002

GlacierGod knows, I have nothing against comics produced for younger children, but I have to concur. Most Richie Rich comic books, despite the high-power talent that worked on them, were just plain dumb. Furthermore, as a parent and (recently) a grandparent, I must add that with his habit of buying his way out of any difficulty and his obsession with money (to the point where he named his dog "Dollar"), Richie Rich is among the worst role models in comics -- exceeded only by other Harvey characters, such as Little Lotta, whose atrocious eating habits lead not to early death, but to enthusiastic acceptance by her peers.

Not to get off topic, of course...

Quack, Don