More promotion of Gemstone

deanmary deanmary at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 4 01:55:59 CEST 2003

    Well, the new Gemstone line of Disney comics has gotten another nice
bit of promotion.  I buy almost all of my comics through a subcription
company called Westfield Comics.  I think that Westfield is the premier
such service in the USA.  I got the monthly catalog today and was
thrilled to see that they devoted the entire cover of this month's
catalog to the return of Disney comics!  You can see the cover by going
to the following link:  http://westfieldcomics.com/wow/hub.html

and then using the "Worlds of Westfield covers" link.  It has a nice
picture of William Van Horn's cover for WDC&S #634.  Inside the catalog
they give the two new Gemstone comics a "Recommended" caption and even
give an extra discount for  WDC&S #634.  So the thousands of people who
use Westfield to get their comics each month will be hard pressed to
miss the return of Disney comics! :)  I already wrote Westfield and told
them how much I appreciate that they promoted the new Gemstone comics in
such a prominent way.  Every bit of promotion helps!

Dean Rekich