cannibalism in Barks' stories (mainly to David Gerstein)

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 20:07:34 CEST 2003

In his Donald Duck universe guide,
( http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/chars/egmont-ddu.html)
David Gerstein tells that the Black Ducks from Barks' wdc 34 and the dogfaced
Tuku
tribe from Barks' wdc 211 are cannibals.

( extract :
>>>[dogface] Cannibals (MOC 41,WDC 211), [duckface] Cannibals (WDC 34) )

But in my version, these two tribes are not cannibals, they don't eat
peaople. The only
canibal tribes in Barks' story I saw were the tribes from Moc 20 (in the
first version, and
then redrawn and not canibal anymore after censor), and from Moc 41 (after
Donald's
words, but it is not proved that they actually eat people)

so have wdc 34 and wdc 211 been censored, or is it a mistake by David
Gertein, or did
he use the word "cannibal" to mean "savage, dangerous" instead of
"anthropophage"

Gilles