DAVID: Animated Li'l Wolf

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Apr 24 04:01:12 CEST 2003

David-

Wow!  Thanks for that.  I tried to catch ALL the HOM episodes before I left
for China, but the programming was so unreliable.  Most times it was
pre-empted or the time was changed to obscure periods like 4:00am or 5:00pm
or even Sundays rather than the 11:30am Saturday schedule.  Sadly the
"House of Crime" episode is one that I missed. :-(

As for the "The Porker's Court" short on RAW TOONAGE, it was a take-off on
the TV show "The People's Court" with Judge Wopner.  In the short, the
Three Little Pigs, dressed very much like they are in their HOM debut (as
the band for Big Bad Wolf), as is the Wolf.  They levy charges against BBW
for destroying their houses and everyone is speaking "jive."  Li'l Bad is
just one of the people sitting in Judge Hopner's courtroom, but at one
point during BBW's testimony, I seem to recall he made a reference to his
son and that's when the camera focuses on Li'l Bad (dressed in clothing
similar to the French Wolf comics), though he's not acknowledged by name.
If it wasn't for the fact that it was a Disney cartoon, and now, even
moreso, by the fact that the Wolf & Pigs in HOM generally wear Zoot suits
and such, the cartoon could have been dismissed as an alternate reality
"hip" version of the THREE LITTLE PIGS story, but HOM seems to have really
solidified the connection.  Personally, I hated "The Porker's Court"
cartoon, except for the cameo of Li'l Bad, and that it seems to be the only
place where the giant Bullfrog, used in the opening segment for RAW TOONAGE
& TOTALLY TASTELESS VIDEO has a real role and name.

Thanks again,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com