Animated Li'l Wolf

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Thu Apr 24 21:55:15 CEST 2003

David Gerstein wrote:

> Little Bad Wolf made his cartoon cameo in "Porker's Court" segment of
> "Totally Tasteless Video" from the older animated series called RAW
> TOONAGE.
>
> I haven't seen this, so I can't verify it.

I have this episode.
It begins at a courtroom, where the TV viewers are introduced to the
defendants: The Three Little Pigs. As they enter the courtroom, they are
cheered by the people sitting at the left side of the room: lots and
lots of pigs.
Then we meet the plaintiff: Large Nasty Wolf. Nasty is booed by the pig
audience, while cheered by the people sitting at the right side of the
room: A single wolf cub. The pig audience looks sternly at the cub, and
he immediately stops cheering. He does nothing else, so I'm not going to
summarize the rest of the cartoon, except mentioning that Nasty (at
least in the Danish version) at one point refers to his brother Big Bad
Wolf.

Rich Bellacera wrote:

> at one point during BBW's testimony, I seem to recall he made a
> reference to his son and that's when the camera focuses on Li'l Bad
> (dressed in clothing similar to the French Wolf comics), though he's
> not acknowledged by name.

This scene doesn't appear in the Danish version of "The Porkers Court".

We never learn the cub's name or his relation (if any) to Nasty. I think
it's pretty clear, though, that his personality is different from Li'l
Wolf's. Also, he looks nothing like Li'l and wears totally different
clothes. And the grown-up wolf is Large Nasty, rather than Big Bad.

Why would this be Li'l Wolf, rather than some generic wolf cub invented
for the occasion? I'm genuinely puzzled. Does anybody have a source for
him being Li'l?

Lars