What story?

Crocker, John John.Crocker at dvn.com
Mon Apr 28 15:50:02 CEST 2003

>> I am looking for a Story about when the Beagle Boys stole all of Scrooges
>> money. Scrooge found
>> a penny on the ground, and made his fortune all over again.

>It's remaind me a story ,,Kaczor Donald i Kamien Filozoficzny" (it's Polish
>title I don't know orginal one) in wich Donald change ol Scrooges money in
>to lead and Scrooge made he's fortune all Over agien.
>Annny way I hait story's like dis, becous Scrooge's money is special for him
>becous evry Dime conter's a memory. Sow if he woudl lost it, it like he
>woudl lost a have of his live.

I personally like stories like this...one just simply has to be willing to see those stories as "one-timers."  Their purpose is not to tell the history of the ducks, but merely tell a story based on a quality(ies) of the ducks.  In the case of the stories that have been mentioned about Scrooge losing his money and then regaining it again, I think that these are great stories showing Scrooge's resiliency and abilities as a businessman.  You can't ruin him by simply taking his money because he knows how to make money no matter what.
Now, can anyone tell me if there has been a story in which someone has stolen something else of Scrooge's, like his confidence or reputation that made him struggle?  Just curious.

That's all.

John Crocker.