AC, DvE and DR

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Mon Aug 4 21:08:00 CEST 2003

AC + DANIËL + DON:

Sorry for picking things out of context, but please...

> Erm, I got lost in our conversation here. Do you imply that i imply
> that the italians
> are the only ones who do it right? Or should i just stop thinking...

AC, please do NOT stop thinking! :-) C'mon, gents (and this goes for Daniël as
well). All this talk about heiring this or that from Barks is getting a bit
tedious--as if he was the only reference point.

Forgive me for being so broadminded (or is it narrowminded since I haven't seen the
"light"?!), but between me and the rest of you folks, there *are* in fact other
things of interest when it comes to Disney comics.

During our DDF(R) meeting (which AC hopefully will tell much more about--looking
forward to it :-), I heard something shocking during the meeting. Even coming from
someone I respect very much. Now, I was about to chose certain issues from 1964,
of which I don't have many (only half the volume or so). I turned a few issues and
then all of a sudden I was stopped being told that this one was superior to the
rest, since it "contained a 10-pager"! My first unsaid question was what the...? but
then I realised that it of course contained a Barks story. However, what my good
companion did not realise was, that I was looking for interesting stories...rare
stories...like special D-coded ones that nobody would ever notice on a normal Tuesday
morning.

I am still wondering what became of the fans of Disney comics in general. Must
they all relate to Barks or (even worse) Rosa. Is that the marks Disney comics
get nowadays: Sorry pal, no Rosa refs, we can't let you pass...?!

Don, you once wrote to me in private, that you "pity me" for not liking your stories
(in fact I do but apparently you ignored that in your eager to promote yourself).
Well, I pity you for not liking the Disney comics universe! And that message applies
to all your disciples.

Søren