Various Things

Daniel J. Neyer jerryblake2 at juno.com
Thu Aug 7 19:01:09 CEST 2003

Hello, fellow Disney comic fans. I guess I'm your newest member. As you
probably know, Gemstone has started publishing the old Gladstone line
again in the USA, so we Americans have new comics again for the first
time in three and a half years. I wanted to ask Mr. David Gerstein if his
Mickey stories are going to be carried by Gemstone as they were in the
past; to my mind, David and Romano Scarpa are the only writers who ever
successfully captured the "real" Mickey besides Floyd Gottfredson. The
first Gemstone issues have not featured stories by any of these "Big
Three", and I'm kind of disappointed. They've only run a couple of short
tales that are far inferior to David's fine work.

Speaking of Mickey,  are the same strict censorship rules still applying
to the Gottfredson classics like "Mickey in the Foreign Legion" and "In
Search of Jungle Treasure"? If so, could any of this list's members tell
me where to pick up some of these tales (in English). I love the Ducks
too, but I would also like to see Mickey, the Mouse who started it all,
get some of his own back in the comics world.

Dan Neyer