Apology to Rodney (Religion in Disney Comics)

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Sat Aug 9 19:46:43 CEST 2003

In my earlier post I said:

> I'm sorry, but sometimes I see how much the religious Right of the USA
> tries to control every aspect of our culture and it both frightens and
> angers me, especially when it gets into my "escapist activities" like
> reading comics.

To which Dan Shane replied:

> If your expression of ire was directed at Rodney as a member of the Religious
> Right you could not be farther off the mark.

No, my ire was not *intended* to be directed at Rodney, but to the
general annoyance I have toward
this enigma in the American society we call "The Religious Right."
 Rodney's comments just made
me think of the attempted controls and tactics they place in our
society.  So I apologize for my misplaced
attack on Rodney as though he was in any way affiliated with the
Religious Right.  Please accept my
apology.

Thank you,

Rich Bellacera