Rosa in Holland - answer to daniel

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Aug 9 19:43:03 CEST 2003

ANDERS CHRISTIAN SIVEBEAK to me, 04-08-2003:

>> (Do you mean you have plans to travel to The Netherlands on the
>> short term?)

> No, not any firm plans.
> But hoping that this discussion stays what i intended it to be -
> afriendly discussion - I hope it's not totally impossible to some
> time drive to the netherlands and perhaps visit the ducth fans i
> know here from dcml.

Too late. You already have been placed on our ferocious black list.
Once you're name is carved onto this list, you will *never* be
forgiven by our happy Dutch society of Disney comics fans. It also
means that I'm not allowed to discuss with you any longer. Otherwise
I'll end up on that terrible list, myself. Brrr! :-)

But seriously, I didn't intend to sound unfriendly at all.

I cannot judge for others, but I think you shouldn't worry about being
unwelcome here in The Netherlands. I would like to meet you when you
come over, at least.

>> Barks is, in the yes of many the big master - and they treat the
>> versions of his stories with the same care? Is it impossible to
>> find the original prints, so they could reconstruct what deisappered
>> under resume-boxes or put in again the pages that are gone? The
>> italian publishers does this - so why can't the dutch.

>> And why can't anyone else?

> Erm, I got lost in our conversation here. Do you imply that i imply
> that the italians are the only ones who do it right?

No, I just wasn't clear enough. I thought that the discussion was
much too focussed on what the Dutch editors should do, while there
are many *other* editors who also can improve their publications.
For example, a lot of colouring comes from the Egmont countries.

BTW. In the instances when the Dutch editors colour the stories
themselves, the colouring is among the best I've ever seen. Maybe
it's just too expensive to do the same for stories which already
have been coloured, like the Egmont stories.

> Or should i just stop thinking...

What? Are you still a *thinking* individual? I'm afraid I'll have to
with a nice, fresh brainwash. :-)

--- Daniël

"This is where I FEEL that I belong -
but I wish some kind soul was here to tell me WHY!"

(Which Barks story?) :-)