How do I find "this" storycode in INDUCKS? (and related Forest stuff)

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Sat Aug 9 23:22:39 CEST 2003

Thanks for the information Soren & Stefan.

I'm at a loss why the engines didn't work for me, so I look forward to
the great efforts of those who must work with the coding and repair of
the programs.  Thanks to those folks, too.  I understand the difficulty
in just finding the time, let along working with the intricacies of
coding. :-)

Søren asked:

> P.S. I actually thought that you had Inducks' complete character list?

Well, I have a list, yes, but I don't always know by the names on the
list if they match the character being portrayed unless I can match them
in the INDUCKS to a storycode, which, unfortunately, this time, I could not.

I believe this is not the first time I've seen the Brers Owl, Weasel or
Possum, or the School Teacher, but I wasn't certain who they were in the
image, but I do think it's the first time I've ever seen Mr. Lynx and
Junior and I hope to learn more about them in time.

I notice that, Brer Bear seems to have some trouble keeping track of how
many children he has (or we readers do... something like that).  He
seems to leap from having one son called Junior Bear, to twins called
the Bear Twins (a.k.a.) Kubs & Klibs) to having a set of twins one boy
and one girl, named Billy & Tilly, to having as many as four sons
(quadruplets?) at one time.  Anyway..... :-)

As for Sigvald's comment about Little "nice" Wolf's name being "ironic"
I think that is the point... He's a "wold" and he's suppose to be "bad"
but he's not, to the disgrace of his father... LOL!  Evenso, I
understand some publishers opt to just call him "Li'l Wolf" anyhow
(leaving off the purposeful misnomer "Bad").

One thing about the Gerstein story that absolutely endeared me to it,
aside from the story itself, was the art which I felt really captured
the "old" 1950s style, especially when I saw Brer Rabbit and Sis Molly! :-)

BTW, since Brer Owl wears a wizard's cap, is he a wizard?  And is there
any relation to him and the Wizard Owl (Master Sorcerer) that appears
in, I think, Mad Madam Mim stories?  Imean, Mim & Brear Owl both live in
the forest.  Just curious.

Kudos!

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com