Daniel's comments

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun Aug 10 20:37:22 CEST 2003

Daniel van Eijmeren <dve at kabelfoon.nl> wrote:

> SIGVALD GROSFJELD to M.J. PRIOR, 09-08-2003:

>> Or it again proofs his (IMO) lack of respect
>> for other artists, Barks included.
>
> And *again* you mix up Barks with Rosa, in your
> controversial attempts to connect your logic
> with reality.

I just stated an opinion of mine, nothing more, nothing less. To indicate
that that statement was an opinion *not* some kind of fact I added IMO
(means: In My Opinion).

> Sigvald, I must admit that I'm getting tired
> of these kind of contributions from you.

If you don't like to read other peoples opinions here then you have a
problem, you see this is actually a place in where people is intended to
state their opinions, whatever those may be.

> Notice that this is the THIRD chance you're
> destroying in your attempts to have "friendly"
> conversations on this mailing list.

No. This time most of the quarrelling has occurred because some people takes
my statements to the extreme. My opinion is much more balanced than most
people realizes. For instance I was insulted just because I used the word
"cult". I was not even asked what I meant by using that word before being
insulted.

> Doing so, you're also destroying the atmosphere
> on this mailing list.

I may not be THE, or at least not THE ONLY problem in this list (see above
to see what I mean).

> I thought you cared about this mailing list

I do, Daniel, I really do!

> but now I'm tended to think that you only care
> for your own ego.

That's definitely not true.

> Maybe I suggest that YOU have a lack of
> respect to people in general, and that your
> contributions are full of flaming, harming
> the name and reputations of just about
> everyone you mention?

That would not be true. Furthermore I think that much of the current
problems are caused by the current heated atmosphere here. Small sparks from
me seems to easily causing unwanted flame wars. In a friendlier atmosphere
such misunderstandings would be figured out and solved way before they could
end up in flame wars.

Hopefully this thread can be ended peacefully before it also ends up in a
flame war.

Sigvald