A curiosity Poll for the many nations represented here

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Mon Aug 11 01:58:48 CEST 2003

Stefan Persson wrote:

> In the new WDC issue, there's a story where Horace and Clarabell live
> in Duckburg, though.

Yes, and there will doubtlessly be more references to Mickey living in
Duckburg in the future since Gemstone is basically in the business of
reprinting foreign-borne Disney comics (as well as Classics like Barks &
Gottfredsons), so I am going to have to consider that point in the
HooZoo, too.  Still, I would probably consider that Mickey and his gang
live in Mouseton as far as the US version of him is concerned.  I can
see where this might get confusing to some readers who don't understand
the source of the comic when one month Mickey is living in Mouseton and
the next he's living in Duckburg.  Those familiar with the series Goof
Troop might even wonder why Goofy & Pete don't live in Spoonerville, but
that's a different situation altogether. :-)

Rich Bellacera

P.S. Thank you Stefan (and others) for already sending replies!  The
Poll's outcome will be interesting, at least for me. :-)