SV: Sigvald and (his new windmill) Blum

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Aug 11 11:28:51 CEST 2003

SIGVALD GROSFJELD to me, 11-08-2003:

>> "If (Rosa) wants to do (old-fashioned) stories set in the (1950s)
>> he should come up with his own ideas and not use Barks' name to
>> get attention. From what I have read on DCML before (Rosa) uses
>> vague ideas from Barks as basis for his stories apparently in
>> order to get attention."
>>
>> See? Doesn't sound very nice and reasonable, does it?

> No, it doesn't look reasonable, because it isn't reasonable.

Then don't say such things about other people, like Geoffrey Blum.

> Fact is that Don Rosa's stories are marketed as just that: stories
> by "Don Rosa". The G. Blum story published in DD&Co last year was
> marketed as some kind of a new Barks-story which it IMO wasn't.

And you think that Blum is to blame for the marketing of DD&Co?

Anyway, if people who call Barks's name are attention-seekers, then
there are a LOT of "guilty" creators. Including Don Rosa. Maybe you
should stop making such judgements, even more if you pick just one
person out of them?

--- Daniël