Barks as a source for dates in the Duck-universe

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue Aug 12 04:19:21 CEST 2003

Daniel van Eijmeren <dve at kabelfoon.nl> wrote:

>> Once [Barks] stated that the Money Bin on
>> Kill Motor Hill was raised in 1880 also
>> (70 years in 1950 or so).
>
> Can you mention which Barks story you mean?
> Just curious.

U$15C "Moving Money". The info given there indicated that the Money Bin was
raised in 1886, not 1880. But that dosen't change my argument. $crooge
didn't raise his bin only 6 years old. That contradicts every logic.

>> We both know that Barks din't mean that
>> $crooge raised his Bin the same year as he
>> was born.
>
> When did Barks tell that? Can you mention a
> source?

He didn't say that. In the comments to Lo$ chapter X, Don Rosa says though,
that the Bin couldn't possibly have been raised in 1886.

> Maybe Scrooge was a very fast growing duckling,
> once he came out of his egg. Without clear
> facts, everything is possible. Therefore we
> cannot know.

Based on that statement one could say that maybe you was a fast developed
child that entered university at the age of 6, because without clear facts,
everything is possible. Therefore we cannot know.

Well I'd say that such a statement lacks a very important factor: pure
logic. IMO consitency and logic is the ingredints that makes Lo$ as great as
it is.

And BTW - many people in DCML do believe that the Ducks in Duckburg are born
like mammals, not hatched as birds. It's therefore adviceable not to present
the hatching theory as a non-disputable fact.

Sigvald