favourite artists

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Aug 15 23:03:06 CEST 2003

Daniel van Eijmeren <dve at kabelfoon.nl> wrote:

> Geoffrey Blum, Marco Rota... Who'll be the next
> in line?

DCML don't need this kind of debate now, so I'll let it subject rest

> I didn't write this. What a serious act of
> disrespect!

I can see that now. It was copied from you mail though. Sorry for any
inconvenience as a result of my minor mistake.

> But... shall we conversate about some
> *positive* matters, Sigvald?

Yes, indeed, Daniel!

In the following I take for granted that you questions are all about
Disney-comics only.

> - Can you name five favourite artists?
OK, let me see:
- Carl Barks
- Don Rosa
- Floyd Gottfredson
- Paul Murry (even though I know now that he only drew his stories).
- I really don't have any clear 5th place. Behind the 4 great ones there
really are many good ones.

> - What are your favourite stories by these
> artists?
Hm, let's see:
- Barks: "Lost in the Andes"
- Rosa: "Gyro's First Invention"
- Gottfredson: "The Monarch of Medioca"
- Murry: "Return of the Phantom Blot"

> - Why do you like these stories?
Because they are advanced and long stories with a great plot. And "Gyro's
First Invention" is off course special to me because I gave some inspiration
to it.

> - What are your favourite scenes?
Not sure, but Little Helper walking in the badger's hole in "Gyro's First
Invention" is indeed very special for me for reasons mentioned above.

> - Which jokes did you like the most?
Not sure, but both Rosa and Barks have many funny jokes.

> - What are your favourite characters?
Uncle $crooge and Donald Duck.

> - Are there situations in life which remind
> you of things you've read in comics?
At least situations in real life do give me associations to Disney Comics,
like when I eat cabbages as a part of my dinner or prunes as a part of the
dessert.

> - What's the first story you ever read?
Can't remember exactly. But I think that "Land Beneath the Ground" was one
of the very first long Barks tales that I ever read.

Sigvald