A constructive mail this time

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Aug 16 01:30:29 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Our Dutch friends Daniel van Eijmeren and M.J. Prior have both in a kind and
friendly way signalled that I should be positive and focus on what I like -
rather than what I don’t like, when I address DCML. Personally I think
that's a very good idea – so let's give it a bit of a try...

GEMSTONE CODING
---------------
First I have a question about Gemstone. Can Gary Leach or anyone else
enlighten us about what Gemstone's story- and other codes look like. Is it
an AR 300-series or something completely different?

And maybe our friend Harry Fluks can enlighten us about how Gemstone
publications are coded in the INDUCKS/COA databases.

PICSOU PIN-UPS
--------------
Do any of our French friends here know when there will be printed new
Pin-Ups in Picsou Magazine again? Or have they already started with that
again?

RANKING THE ARTISTS POPULARITY
------------------------------
Lately there has been a dispute about WEB-polls here on DCML. That's not the
first time I have seen people arguing in somewhat "arrogant" way against
polls that shows results that they may not like themselves. TV2's
phone-polls have been met the same way here in Norway.

Anyway instead of arguing in favour of, or against the value of the nice
Polish web-poll I have done my own *scientific* popularity check by using
Google to search for the name of various well-known Disney creators/artists.
The search was done with the full name of the artists within quote-marks
like this: "Carl Barks". Here are the results:

Rank  Artist	    Google-hits   %
---------------------------------------
1    Carl Barks        25100  (41,1%)
2    Don Rosa          12600  (20,6%)