Scrooge and Scotland, an addition

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Aug 16 15:43:53 CEST 2003

I just wrote, a reply to to Sigvald:

>> Barks stated many places that $crooge is of Scottish descendense.

> Indeed. In "The Swamp of No Return (US 57), Donald says about
> Scrooge who temporary lost his identity: "For a SEÑOR, that old
> Duck sure had a SCOTCH accent, like Uncle Scrooge's!" (panel 7.7)

And I add: On principle, having a Scotch accent is no proof either.
I meant that Barks *suggested* on many places that Scrooge is of
Scottish descendense.

(Please, keep noticing that I'm nitpicking.)

--- Daniël

PS. Apologies for my fragmented replies. I've lots of things to do,
and I shouldn't be behind the computer now. I can't stand the
temptation, though. Help! Can you all stop writing for a few hours?
Thank you very much! :-)