COA in trouble again!

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Sat Aug 16 18:05:04 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. skrev:
> I know that having two servers is an economic question, thus if anyone have
> plans about sponsoring this great project they should do so soon - not wait
> until hell freezes down.

I think the problem is better solved using a "professional" server site.
And I assure you that we are working to get something into place to take
over from the privately based server system now used. Nothing is certain
yet, but it looks like something is about to happen in the relatively
near future.

> FYI: I want you to know that our friend Thomas should *not* be blamed for
> all the COA-problems. From what I have heard unserious WEB-providers, evil
> viruses and maybe old hardware only are to blame.

Thank you. The problem this time was a malfunctioning router (a piece of
network hardware). All it needed was a reboot, but unfortunately only a
few days before I had left for a summer stay out of town. I have now
returned, rebooted the router, and everything seems to work again, and
has done so for a day or two. This kind of problem is something that can
be prevented with a professionally surveillanced server system.

Thomas