Italian version vs American version of Duckburg

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sat Aug 16 22:13:01 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> Maybe sometimes, but take a look a panel 1 on page 121 in the last
> "Jumbobog". This is on page 1 of the story coded I-2438-6. There you
> can see that the "Italian" Money Bin both looks very different from
> the Barksian one, both in it's shape and in it's coloring. The
> Italian Bin even has a large dome on the top of it.

The large dome was created by Scarpa in 1965 (I TL  511-A "Paperino e
l'aurite acuta"), so the other authors who use it are paying respect to him
8-)

Seriously, the dome had been there since then, and has now become normal to
place it at the top of the bin, even outside Italy I guess.

Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/