Olaf: Norwegian pockets series

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Mon Aug 18 17:57:26 CEST 2003

I guess now I've really said something stupid. Relax,
Olaf, please don't be upset: I don't now the slightest bit
about the Norwegian comics situation and yes, I've used
Inducks to look up the stories in the book I've read, in
order to see if they had been published in Norway and I
didn't know that the Norwegian pockets series weren't
indexed.

"Topolino Noir" is an Italian *book* comprising ten
Mouse-universe stories, written by Tito Faraci and drawn
by various Italian artists (Mottura, Cavazzano, Ziche, De
Vita, Scarpa, Celoni, Mastantonuo). I don't think it will
be published in this form outside Italy, but most of the
stories in it have been published in the Dutch and
Scandinavian pockets series (and now I understand this
must indeed include Norway). [I suspected the contents of
these series to be the same for every country and that's
why I tried to suggest some stories to Sigvald.]

> And, are you saying that NO NINETIES' ITALIAN MICKEY
> STORIES have been printed in Norway?

No, of course not. I wanted to recommend the stories I've
read, but I couldn't find their Norwegian publication and
that's why I asked if Sigvald had read any Italian Mickey
stories, because he only wrote about Italian Duck stories.

Maybe the Swedish pockets series is roughly equivalent to
the Norwegian series? Would you be able to find these
stories if I listed their Swedish publication?

Michiel Prior.