Mickey Mouse Strips

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Tue Aug 19 10:39:53 CEST 2003

RICH, GARY

>> It appears that the Disney comic book license no longer
>> covers the reprinting of comic strips - that's now a
>> license in itself.
>
>Argh!  Now it will be longer than ever before all those old Bill Walsh,
>Floyd Gottfredson, Al Taliaferro, Merrill de Maris, etc. strips ever
>see print again!  Not only do you have to fight for decensorship, but
>pay EXTRA for licensing... *sigh*

I have a much worse feeling... this piece of info (including
the confirmed ban), together with the news about a complete
"restyling" of our poor rodent announced recently by some upper
echelon at Disney, make me think that what we could read between
the lines would rather sound like...

"Guys, just forget about seeing Gottfredson's classic mouse
reprinted in english language ever again..."

Gary, am I being pessimistic or just plain realistic ?

>Its
>so sad that places like Italy get all these great books full
>of reprinted materials

That was once upon a time in the land of plenty...
but the fable has been over for quite a while now.

Cheers!

Eta Beta