The Google-WEB Poll - Improved version

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Aug 19 22:48:36 CEST 2003

GOOGLE WEB-POLL, 16-08-2003:

> Rank  Artist Creator	 Hits	%
> ------------------------------------
> [...]
> 19    Jack Bradbury       819   1,0
> 20    Daniel Branca       455   0,6
> 21    Mau Heymans         286   0,4
> 22    Noel van Horn       231   0,3
> ------------------------------------

(This poll is based on the assumption that Disney creators are
a group of comparable individuals who would be mentioned on the
internet for the same reason. The more popular they are, the more
they are mentioned.)

I went to Google, filled in my name, and got about 540 hits. I'm the
20th one! This is a serious web poll. That's clear! :-) (Any excuse
for a party!) I'm even a more popular co-writer than Mau Heijmans.
And he has done years and years of work, and I'm mostly wasting my
time on DCML. All things come to him who sits and waits! :-) (WDC 103)

Option +disney gave "only" about 219 hits. That makes me 23th.
Not bad, so close to Noel Van Horn.

My infinite back catalog contains two four-page co-productions.
One of them hasn't been published so far, and maybe not even drawn.
The other one is by Mau Heijmans. (So far my self-promotion, or
self-destruction...)

Where's Mau's brother Bas Heijmans, by the way? Where's Al Hubbard?
Ben Verhagen? Ed Lukacs, an important Dutch artist in mainly the
1950s. And Wilma van der Bosch, who mainly(?) works for the Dutch
Daisy Duck comics? (http://www.xs4all.nl/~oost/wilma.htm)

Why don't we make our *own* DCML web-poll, *within* DCML?
Is that technically possible? It won't be any more "scientific",
but the results would learn us more about our tastes and our
knowlegde of creators.

SOEREN OLESEN, 16-08-2003:

> Barks and Rosa are the subject of many many discussions, and that does
> NOT necessarily represent a positive popularity, it merely reflect an
> interest on the Internet about debating these artists. And this is why
> e.g. Olaf rates higher than Tony Strobl.

Hey! How come Olaf Solstrand is more popular than ME? I'm typing my
fingers blue for about 8 years now, here on DCML, and he passes me by!
Me! *ME*! *MEEEEEEEEEEE*!!!!! What a lousy poll!

In a DCML-poll, I can vote on myself. :-)

--- Daniël