Barks/Jippes Be Leery Of Lake Eerie

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Aug 22 04:45:21 CEST 2003

KAIU SAARTO to me, 21-08-2003

About "Be Leery Of Lake Eerie" by Barks/Jippes, D D 2002-023]

>> Barks was asked to brighten up the ending of the story, so that's
>> why there are two versions.

> Actually Aku Ankka did an excellent job on this one. They used the
> cynical ending, but right after the story there was an article about
> Barks' 1970s JW stories with enviromental message. Included were the
> scetches for both endings. A really nice surprise.

Was Jippes's inked version of the sweet ending not included? Only the
sketches?

According to what I've heard, Jippes was asked to ink both versions.
So, editors could choose the ending they want.

I'm curious if someone has seen the inked sweet version. (I think I've
only seen the inked cynical version, but I can't check at the moment.)

--- Daniël