Pockets in Scrooge's Coat

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Sun Aug 24 00:43:35 CEST 2003

>On several occasions, I'm sure. Out of memory, you can see him searching
>his pockets at the end of 'The Seven Cities Of Cibola' and emptying them
>somewhere at the beginning of 'The City Of Golden Roofs'. As for their
>contents, money and perhaps his old heirloom watch, I guess. Ah yes, and
>in 'The Second Richest Duck' he has tied his first dime to one of his
>pockets. Hope it helps.

>I remember at least once instance. It's a Barks gag in which Scrooge
>is feeding a horse (US 23-06). One of his pockets is clearly shown.

Thank you! Apparently it is well documented that he has pockets.
This fact is important to my story.

About the 1-page gag in US23: I love these 1-pagers. Since most of them
deal with Scrooge's daily life and not his high adventures, they provide
fascinating glimpses into the psychology of our favorite old miser.
There is, for example, a mini-series of four gags about how he tries to
get a free cup of coffee in a diner.

Gladstone collected all these 1-pagers in two wonderful albums as part
of the CB Library in Color. If they are still available, I recommend
them to all Scrooge fans. The print and color quality is, of course,
excellent.

Nils from Norway