SV: Geography in Luck of the North - again!

Myklebust,Are are.myklebust at f1101.aetat.no
Mon Aug 25 08:50:14 CEST 2003

SIGVALD WROTE (22-AUG-2003):

"But if that is true, why did he later bother to make stories that took
place in Peru, the Himalayas and even in Norway - if he was so concerned
about the "American readers" that wouldn't understand much of that
Geography anyway."

I mean off course; in this PARTICULAR story where the setting was the
Arctic North and where we meet Eskimos (or more correctly Inuits as they
prefer to call themselves) it was most naturally to place the action in
Alaska!

And I hope you have read Roy Kooijman's and Ole R. Nielsen's excellent
mails about this subject!

Are Myklebust