Re: Olivier's protection quiz -- and Daniël's

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 28 18:42:39 CEST 2003

Daniël:
>>> Gyro has invented an impervi-wax money case (WDC 171).
>>> And in "The Pied Piper of Duckburg" (H89174), Gyro invents cheese to
lure
>>> away rodents from Scrooge's money bin.
>>> Those are at least two inventions I remember, apart from the already
>>> mentioned super-strong forbidium money bin (DISBP 1).

Those are the ones I ahd in mind. I can't think of  any other.
Scrooge has many security devices and several safes, but Gyro is rarely
involved in their conception. In the "Cave of  the Winds" story, he only
advises to trade the money for Duckburg Saving Bonds-- well, his alphabet
soup advises to do so.
It's a bit odd, as this could make for funny Money Bin plots.

Could it be from the lost coin story? The one where Donald loses a coin, and
one persons picks it, then another, and the last one eventually drops it
from a plane (thinking it might bring him bad luck). It's a rare coin, hence
Donald's reaction. When the coin ricochets and lands on his desk and he
finds it, he loses his mind.
Is that it?

>>>Another action would be trying to swim to Catalina balancing a
>>>grapefruit on a stick of Macaroni.
>>>"Times are tough, huh, bud?" (Which Barks story does this email refer
to?)

Easy. the talking-dog story-- WDC&S 152, May '53 (WDC&S iC Album 23).

A tougher one (?):
"Hey you! Take a good look at my face! Do you see any wrinkles?"
"21760"

Olivier