AW: AW: AW: AW: hunger strike

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Fri Aug 29 14:19:28 CEST 2003

Cord Wiljes:
>> Maybe we should take more drastic measures like traveling
>> back in time to old California and claim the copyright on Mickey Mouse
>> before anyone else does.

Steve Rowe:
> wouldnt work, there was already a Mickey and Minnie Mouse copyrighted by
\Johnny Gruelle prior to Walt Disney's Mickey.....

Johnny Gruelle claimed a copyright on the names "Mickey and Minnie Mouse" before
Dísney invented them? Or on the characters after Disney invented them? In the
later case I suppose that just by using them for the first time in public Disney
got copyright status on the figures (at least he would have according to German
law).

My plan was going back to a point in time before Disney invented Mickey. To be
sure it would be best to chose a time before Disney's birth.

Cord